Monday, March 2, 2009

A difference A Day Makes

8 inches of snow on the ground. Hmph. So much for Spring!

Truth be told, I do love the snow, as does Olivia. Our morning walk was hardly a walk.....it was a 'drag me down the street because the snow makes me nutty' kind of walk.

Then I pelted her with a snow ball, and all was well.

I loved the snow more when I could ski.......for 5 seasons, I was a ski bum in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado. It was an amazing time in my life.....and helped me get where I am today. For, I realized that is so important to do what you love. And although I loved to ski, I didn't really love being a bartender. In my heart, I knew that I wanted to get back to creating things, and glassblowing in particular. So, I traded one love for another, and moved back to the East Coast.


And it was the best decision I ever made. (And as expected, I rarely miss an opportunity to ski).


(view from the top of the Palivicini Lift at Arapahoe Basin)





No comments: