Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I'm Broken

That's right. Broken.

My left foot. The 5th metatarsal to be exact. Today is my appointment with the Ortho, and I'm hoping for good news.

A broken foot doesn't work so well when you're a glassblower. It's an "on the feet all day" kind of craft.

Am I down? A little. This has been a heck of a year. And it seems that perhaps I should change this Blog title to "What life was like as a glassblower". Since March (and the floods), I have spent a total of 5 hrs making my work in the studio. All my energy was put into recovering what we could, and getting my good friend (and boss) back in business. I'm so proud of our efforts.
As an Artist, the need to create is vital. But, the need to rejuvinate, recharge and refocus is more vital. And that is what I intend to do while I have the opportunity. For those that know me well, know that I am a workaholic. Time off? A nice concept, I imagine.
My Etsy shop is open, wholesale orders are coming in (and shipping out), and I'm still in business. Just not at my usual pace. And that's okay.
So, excuse me while I crutch my way to the backyard, sit in the sun and read my book.

2 comments:

Sherry said...

I can't think of anything to say but Oh, no! like a 5 year old. Actually, I'm very sorry, but when it rains it pours. So wallow a little, put some wine in that glass and in a few weeks you'll be good as new!
Promise.
xoSherry

Tanner Glass said...

Thanks Sherry! The recent news: boot and crutches for 6-8 more weeks. Not what I had in mind, but I'll make the most of it.